Well, howdy kids and kitchen lovers! It’s time to don your aprons and sombreros because we’re going on a mouth-watering Mexican adventure. Today, tacos are on the menu! Now, if you’ve ever had the ‘taco dilemma’ – those tasty tortilla shells just sitting there, begging to be filled with heavenly goodness – fear not. Over here at Best Kids Meals, we’ve got your back!
I’ve always found that the beauty of a tantalising taco lies in its simplicity. Imagine a canvas, just waiting for you to unleash your diligence, creativity, and colorful array of ingredients. Oops! I’m already drooling, aren’t I? Well, it’s no surprise considering what’s in store for you!
Despite tacos being traditionally Mexican, they’ve found a cozy place in the hearts (and tummies) of kids around the world. I mean, who can resist those crunchy kernels, nestled with delicious fillings and topped off with a rich, oozy sauce? Not me, that’s for sure!
Now, you might be thinking, But aren’t tacos a tad too complicated for the kiddos? Honey, not on my watch. Here, we’re all about simplifying those recipes, turning them from Kitchen Nightmares into tasty triumphs. Be it three-ingredient desserts or one-pot wonders, I’ve got a knack for making cooking as breezy as a walk in the park.
As we dive into taco territory, remember, success comes to those who are prepared to get their hands dirty! So, roll up those sleeves, tie up those apron strings, and let’s engage in some culinary magic.
First off, let’s alleviate those picky eaters’ worries: tacos can be customized to anyone’s liking. Yes, darling, that means no onions if onions are your little one’s mortal enemy. Want to go veggie instead of meaty? Swap out the beef for beans. Loathe lettuce? Ditch it for some delicious diced tomatoes. Tacos are as flexible as a world-class gymnast, ready to bend to your every desire.
Now, let’s talk about actually making them. Parents, this is where you get to step back and let your kiddos shine. Tacos are wonderfully hands-on, an edible arts-and-crafts if you will. So, whether you’re a novice in the realm of culinary delights or a seasoned kitchen veteran, remember—it’s all about having fun!
We’ll be splashing about in a symphony of colors and textures, not stopping until every ounce of pickiness is banished from our palace of creativity.
Sounds like a good time, doesn’t it? Well, that’s the beauty of tacos—they’re not just a meal, they’re an adventure.
So, folks, it’s time to grab your spatulas and embark on this delicious journey! Together, let’s make magic happen, one kid-friendly taco at a time. Happy Cooking!
Let’s Get Cooking!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 hard taco shells
- Your choice of salsa or sour cream to top it off
Steps for the Recipe:
- Prepare all your fresh ingredients, shred your lettuce, dice your tomato, shred your cheese, and slice your avocado.
- Brown your choice of meat in a medium-sized pan over medium heat, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Sprinkle the packet of taco seasoning over the meat and mix until it’s well incorporated.
- Lower the heat and let the meat simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- While your meat is simmering, take a minute to heat your hard taco shells in the oven, according to the package instructions, usually they just need a few minutes to crisp up.
- Now, it’s time for the best part – assembling your tacos. Start with a layer of seasoned meat, followed by a sprinkle of cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and topped with sliced avocado.
- Finish it off with a dollop of salsa or sour cream, whatever you prefer!
Just a quick but crucial note: If your tacos recipe involves the inclusion of any type of meat, make sure you’re cooking it to the appropriate temperature. Use a food thermometer to ensure this. For ground meat like beef or turkey, this is definitely something you’d want to pay attention to. The safe cooking temperature for these types of meat is 160°F (71°C). Happy, and safe, cooking everyone!
We think your kids will love it!