Hey there culinary comrades! Pull up your apron and gather around the countertop, because we’re venturing on a tasty escapade today. All hands on deck – we’re making mini pizzas! These pint-sized pies are the bee’s knees among my little taste testers, and no, I’m not just blowing smoke!
What’s not to love, right? From the stringy mozzarella to the cute-as-a-button toppings, these mini miracles have rightfully dominated my family’s Friday nights. Perhaps it’s the joy of rolling out the dough or the anticipation of that first cheesy bite. Either way, every child becomes Gordon Ramsay for a day while curating their personal pint-size pizza affair!
Don’t fret about picky eaters. It’s no secret that I’ve bared witness to more than my fair share of culinary tantrums. With these toothsome treats, you can kiss pickiness goodbye! Just whip out their favorite toppings, and voila, you’ll see that frown turn upside-down faster than you can say ‘Bon Appétit’!
First things first – for the dough, store-bought works brilliantly! Trust me, there’s no need to morph into a master baker unless you’ve got a wild hair. It does add a smidge of exuberance, true, but it’s equally important to remember that we’re also aiming for ‘easy-peasy’. To create the perfect mini crusts, grab a biscuit cutter or an upside-down glass and prep those circular canvases for your edible masterpiece.
Now, this is where the real dance starts. Time to paint a rainbow of flavors on each dough canvas using your favorite tangy tomato sauce. I usually stir up a quick homemade version, but jarred ones from your local store work fine, too. Keep an eye out for sauces without added sugar because hey, we’re cooking for the munchkins, remember?
With the messy part out of the way, it’s now time to jazz up our mini pizzas. Mozzarella, bell peppers, olives, pineapple tidbits – you name it, they’ll love it! You could even throw a pizza making party and let the kids man the toppings station. They’ll be tickled pink!
Pop these mini marvels in the oven, and while they’re getting baked to golden perfection, take a quick breather. You’ve earned it! And once the cheese is all bubbly and aromatic, and the kids’ faces are all lit up with excitement – you know you’ve hit the mark. So there you have it: a surefire winner that’s fun to make and even more enjoyable to devour!
Exciting, easy, and extraordinarily delectable – our mini pizzas are a recipe of delight at every bite. So, who’s hungry?!
Let’s Get Cooking!
- 1 pack of store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- A variety of toppings, such as olives, bell peppers, pineapple tidbits, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves
- Optional: mini pepperoni slices or shredded chicken
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a flour-dusted surface to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter or upside-down glass to cut out mini pizza bases from the dough and place them on the lined baking sheets.
- Spread a spoonful of pizza sauce over each pizza base, leaving a small border for the crust.
- Sprinkle each dough round with a handful of shredded mozzarella.
- Add your chosen toppings to each pizza.
- If using mini pepperoni slices or shredded chicken, scatter them over the pizzas but remain cautious – they should be cooked thoroughly.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the edges look crispy.
If you’ve chosen a meaty path for your mini pizzas, remember safety first! If you’re using chicken, pork, beef or any other meats, always use a food thermometer to ensure your meat is cooked to its safe cooking temperature. We want our mini pizzas to be both delicious and safe!
We think your kids will love it!