One-Pot Chicken And Broccoli Pasta For Kids
Are you a mother to a school going, kid? Then you might be facing a hard time for making them eat. Their tiffin, snacks, meals, and above all, their fussiness – all are surely driving you mad. I can understand your situation as I am riding the same bus. But the only difference is I have found out a solution with the one-pot chicken.
This creamy pasta dish with chicken and broccoli will make them glued to it. You serve it and take away the clean plate in no time. And the most important thing is I have used half and half cream instead of heavy cream to make it light on the tummy.
Recipe Of One-Pot Chicken Pasta With Broccoli
Spare half an hour and make this super yummy dish for your kids as well as yourself. The creamy garlic sauce will leave a nice aroma on the tongue.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Serves – 4
- Chicken breasts – 2, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Italian seasoning – 4 dashes
- Chicken broth – 1 can
- Cream – 2 cups, half and half
- Fusilli pasta – 3 cups, uncooked
- Broccoli – 1, cut into florets
- Red pepper flakes – as per taste
- Salt and pepper – as per taste
- Parmesan – grated, as per taste
How To Make
- Put a pot on medium heat and pour some olive oil. As the oil becomes hot, add the chicken strips and season with salt and pepper. Add the minced garlic along with Italian seasoning and pasta to the pot.
- Stir all the ingredients and pour the chicken broth. Mix the cream with the broth and let it boil. Once boiling starts, decrease the heat and let the pasta simmer for about 8 minutes. Do not forget to stir the pasta in between so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the florets of broccoli to the pot and cook for 5 minutes more. Keep in mind if you want the broccoli to be soft, you need to cut them into smaller pieces. However, if you prefer crispy broccoli, the size should be big.
- When done, sprinkle the red pepper flakes. Check the seasoning and, if needed, add some more salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the pasta with broccoli and chicken on a plate. Garnish with grated parmesan and serve hot.
Some Points To Remember About One-Pot Chicken Pasta
The time of cooking might vary depending on the stove you are using, particularly if you have electric stoves. If you see that the pasta is not thoroughly cooked, then you can pour a bit more chicken broth. First, add half a cup, and let it cook. If the pasta is done, then fine; otherwise, you might have to pour some more chicken broth. Make sure that the pasta is well cooked, not too soft, not chewy.
Some types of pasta absorb more liquid than others. So, stick to the Fusilli pasta when you are making this delicious dish.